The South Bay VIP Soccer Program, which is part of the American Youth Soccer Organization (AYSO), is run by volunteers. The program was started in the fall of 2003 and serves children with special needs who otherwise would not have the opportunity to play soccer. We have adapted the game of soccer so that every child can play regardless of their ability. For example, we use balls that beep for our visually impaired players.
The program operates in the fall and spring. We have served over 500 children since 2003. For children with special needs there are many barriers that they must overcome in their lives. The South Bay VIP Soccer Program eliminates some of these barriers, so that children with special needs can participate in soccer. Since its founding in 1964, AYSO's main philosophy has been "Everyone plays". This program makes this key philosophy a reality.
Here is information about our soccer season:
- AYSO South Bay VIP Soccer, a soccer program for children with disabilities
- Meets on Sunday at Congress Springs Park in Saratoga in the Fall and Creekside Park in the Spring.
- Volunteer hours are from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
- The dates for fall are mid-September thru mid-November and in the spring mid-March thru mid-May
- Responsibilities include helping players follow the coaches' instructions and cheering on the players during games.
- No soccer experience is required.
- Commitment to try to attend as many Sundays as possible but not mandatory.
AYSO South Bay VIP Soccer will be starting the season on Sunday, March 15th. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Jayati Ghosh at:
Youth Volunteer Sign-up Instructions
In order to volunteer you must be at least 12 years old.
If you are interested in volunteering, please complete a youth volunteer form. You can click on this Youth Volunteer Form link or the one located at the bottom of this page and then click on the download link to access the form.
After downloading, you can enter your information online and then print. Please have your parent sign it and bring the form with you the first session you attend.
If you don't have the Adobe Reader for the PDF file, you can download it by clicking this button:
If you have any questions or need help, please contact Jayati Ghosh at: Jayatig@gmail.com
Thank you for considering our program for your student community service requirement.
Online Volunteer Information
Click here to go to a blog that contains information about the volunteer part of our program.